Thursday, July 08, 2010

grandmother theories

I'm having too much fun reading blogs of others who live overseas to want to update my own. I love the internet for so easily opening up this amazing world to ordinary people!

Oh, and the tw trip is confirmed to be on its way. The thought of a getaway is quite exciting, but it's still more than a month away. Plenty of time to give it more thought!

******
Something happened today,

My grandpa is pretty old and he can't balance well. According to my grandma, he fell while attempting to find/put on his bedroom slippers in the morning & suffered a large gash on the forehead as a result. Several hours & lots of bleeding later, he got 4 stiches to close up the cut.

When I came home, he was lying in bed eating his medication. So I asked him, "does your head hurt?" (Rough hokkien translation:Eh hiao tia mai) and he candidly answered, "buay, buay" (not at all?) My grandma then retorted that it was because he/his skin was old and can't feel the pain anymore. (O_O?!!!) Are you sure that's how old age works? Anw, it's best not to refute her theory since she's an elderly person too. LOL!

Hope that my ah gong gets well soon!!!!! When he falls it's hard for him to get back up so it's rather worrying...