Saturday, July 31, 2010

adventures

I'm just a bored and lonely person who doesn't have much to do.. spent my entire waking time (except for mealtimes) on the internet doing mindless stuff. Feel kinda guilty since I have a pending report to write -____-

Sometimes I wonder if it's because I'm already familiar with the place that I'm staying that I don't bother venture out anymore. My off days are all spent in pretty much the same manner; waking up late without the aid of an alarm, then sitting in front my of laptop for the remainder of the day. It's only every other week that I'll make a trip down the the salvation army or the library by myself.

The days felt different in Zhuhai, somewhat. Being surrounded by friends in a all-new environment made everything seem like an adventure. Even going to the supermart to buy groceries and washing clothes seemed fun! I can still recall the time when we went to take a walk around the university campus, discovering how all the buildings linked up.. how the library building was modelled after an open book with the tall staircase in the middle being the 'book spine' and the 1.3km-long classroom block that resembled a ruler.

Wish to snap out of this routine and go on outings to unusual places. Maybe I will someday when I grow tired of sitting around alone at home. My eyesight's already becoming worse with all the screen-staring that I'm doing :(