Wednesday, December 22, 2010

think.

I was just looking at the newly updated documentaday posts and I had this sudden feeling that Singapore really is different from the rest of the world. Every country, every place is different.. but the way those people led their lives seem so carefree.. and happily. Unlike most of us here who seem to get caught in the rat race.

Is it really not enough to live life simply and not hanker to be the best, or to aim to be a somebody? I asked my family that, and their replies were a unanimous "No." In Singapore, that isn't enough. To find a means to survive, you've got to at least have plans for yourself. Which I don't have. :/

Here in poly, we set out with the goal of entering the uni of our choice. The problem is, most of us don't even know what we want to do with our lives. I feel like I'm forced to make a decision on what I want to do, and much too quickly.

Anyway, I've decided what to do for part of Christmas. (Woo, a decision!). And I need to find the time to shop for presents. Who will be there to hand me the money?! :( Feeling very much poorer this semester cause I don't have additional income. Ah, life.....