Wednesday, April 27, 2011

introducing my bb puffies!

Okay, I'm finally gonna talk about my little fishys. I have no idea when I started harbouring the idea of keeping pets of my own, but fish sounded like the perfect no-mess and not-much-attachment pets, cause I didn't have experience of taking care of any living thing on my own.

On 13th April, the day before my birthday, dino and I went to Qian Hu to pick out our new pets. The yellow puffers caught my attention, and they were quite cheap. We bought 5 of them and so they started their lives in my home! At that time, we were quite naive and kept them in a glass bottle from IKEA. For the first few days, they refused to eat anything and the uneaten food sank into the bottom of the glass bottle, clouding & dirtying the water. After 3 days I think, 2 of them died :/

I grew quite frustrated and was all ready to give up on them. They weren't eating, the water was dirty, and they were dying one by one! :( So dino and I made a pact that if all 3 of them manage to survive one more night, we'll make sure we take good care of them and find them food they will actually eat (LOL). Yah and miraculously, when I checked on them the next morning, none died.

With the help of my 'fish expert' dad (take a look at the large standing fish tank in background!), an existing tank was pulled out from the storeroom and reused. Now, the fishes are all doing very well and we bought another 3 to join the existing 3. All 6 now live happily! My family members adore them too.