Friday, April 22, 2011

fish fingers ♥

Yesterday's lunch, bacon/shiitake mushroom/garlic aglio olio with fish fingers. The masterchef in me attempted to make the dish's presentation appealing. And while I'm not sure if I would want others to try my concoctions, it tasted delicious to me.

The reason for this dish stemmed from the "horror of the fridge". I got a huge shock when I looked into the fridge in the morning cause there were so many things inside! And they were mostly repeated. Yes. 2 large packets of shiitake, nearly 1kg (3.5 packets) of bacon, 3 types/boxes of fish fingers, 4 or 5 rows of yakult, 5 tubes of egg tofu. And mind you, my place doesn't house 10 hungry dinosaurs.

Then, I opened the pasta drawer and found 5 types of pasta.. regular fettuccine, spinach fettuccine, angel hair pasta, regular spaghetti, conchiglie (shell-shaped pasta). Pasta overload! Though I'm sure some people (you know who I'm referring to) would think instead, that all the pasta was heaven-sent.

Anyway, I was looking through the career recruitment web for Singapore Zoo/Wildlife Reserves Singapore and I really really want the job of Junior Keeper (Zoo Keeper!!!!). But it's a permanent position, and I'm not able to commit. Any other more plausible alternatives would be customer service or operations positions. Then again, if none of the universities I applied for accept me, that is probably what I want to try for a year first. How awesome is it to be working with animals instead of people?! Taking care of my puffies made me realise how happy and rewarding it is to be entrusted with the life of another living thing. I'd really like to be given a chance to try it :)