Monday, June 06, 2011

thoughts

Whenever I manage to take some time to browse the web on my laptop instead of on my phone which I usually do, there seems to be sooo much stuff to be updated on and my blog always gets neglected. Does this happen to other people too? Feels like there's so much happening in life, but only so little that's worth recording down specially..

I'm still in the midst of searching for a full-time job while working part-time at the cafe. And boy, I really really enjoy my time working here and don't actually want to leave :( The staff are all nice, food's good (when I manage to pinch some) and after being there for a month or so, I've finally gotten used to the place but I already need to prepare to leave!

So, interesting stuff that's happened lately.. graduation was several weeks ago and it marked the last day I'll step into an educational institution in a long time. Thinking back to the time when I made the choice to study tourism, I didn't realise that I'll grow to kinda regret the decision after graduating. Honestly, is there really a need to study about service and its execution? In retrospect, it's prolly better to study something of more technicality for a diploma, such as banking, accounting or communications? At least those 'lines' don't have jobs that require diplomas of any "discipline".

And something funny happened several days back. I actually had a sorta impromptu interview with 2 patrons of the cafe who suddenly decided to take an interest in me. At first when they started talking to me, I thought they were just happy with the service I gave and didn't think too much about it. But later on, the lady actually asked for my number and said she'll gimme a call if there's any job opportunities at her workplace. Talk about weird encounters!