Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Live happy

With the whirlwind of events which happened lately, something I noticed about several of my friends here is that they tend to think. A lot. Like the kind where you spend quite an amount of time and energy delving deep into your thoughts in an attempt to find out the reason why a particular person chose to act in a certain manner. And they coincidentally happen to be of a younger age as well. This led me to think back about the days where I was younger and loved to blog a lot more. (I know you're probably going to look at my archives from 2008 to check and see if there's any evidence of such behaviour from those days! But nah, what I'm referring to dates way back before that).

When I was younger, it seemed that emotions easily overwhelmed me and my brain loved to go into overdrive doing what it does best- thinking. At times it's pretty much over-thinking. This is what one would call "emoing" which was a common term used back in secondary school. You know, those times where it seems like the entire world is against you, your friends and family don't understand you, so much inner thoughts but no one to express them to, yadda yadda yadda. But right now, it feels like my mind is so carefree and happy at times, there really aren't much unnecessary thoughts which run through it anymore. This led me to wonder if I became too detached from situations in which I couldn't care less about the world and what went on around me :/

So anyway, I asked someone about it and came to a conclusion. It's not because I've became insensitive or thoughtless about things. Nor is it because empathy has became absent in my life. The reason this has happened is because I've grown up and matured. Simple as that.

And I've found that I'm much happier and at ease with myself nowadays! It's hard to describe in words right here but I'd say that the closest thing it can be likened to is inner peace. Not the "ohmmmm and sit in a cave like master shifu in kungfu panda" kind of inner peace, mind you. More like being aware of and knowing that little things don't bother you anymore. Or looking at the big picture instead of the minute details which don't matter. When attention's directed towards the right things in life, good things will result as well :)