Monday, March 17, 2014

day twenty-one

Week 3 in Seoul has passed and time seems to be flying by! 

Add/drop week has finally ended and I can't be more relieved. It's been a handful trying to coordinate all the modules and also attempting to add new ones into the system. All classes in Korea University that allow exchange students have a 15% limit based on class size set for us, so if there's other exchange students in the class we may not be able to register though the class has empty slots. Case in point: clothing construction class which initially had 13/20 people registered and the number later dropped to 11/20 but I still couldn't register till the very last few hours. zzzzz. All these made my stress rash patch act up again but thankfully it's subsiding now. I guess stress does have a noticeable effect on one's physical well-being. *sigh

I joined my KUBA group for an outing to Seoul Forest yesterday. KUBA is great and my group organizes so many outings (2 meal meetings on weekends and 1 outing on Saturdays) but I don't join very often because eating out can be costly especially if you're with a larger group and the money is split evenly regardless of how much you eat and drink. It's not worthwhile imo if you're one who has a small appetite and doesn't drink, like me. Plus I prefer eating home cooked food most of the time!


Anyway, we were split into groups for the activity and had mini games ala Running Man style. It was great getting to know new people but my favourite part of the day was.... getting to see and feed deer! The moment they suggested going in to the enclosed area to feed them several girls including myself rushed up to the front excitedly. We got to feed the deer some food and it was sooooo nice to be up-close with the deer :') On that note, I am really looking forward to the day where we visit pet cafes!!!! I hope I find a pug and persian cat to make friends with.


We ended the day with the traditional Running Man game where you had to rip others' name tags off. The final winners won based on numbers (they moved about in a huge group of 10 people) so anyone who went near them would find themselves on the ground in the next moment struggling to keep their name tags on. 


After we left Seoul Forest, I went to join my friends at Namdaemoon for street food. We had the best mushroom japchae ever in a small tent stall. So soooo tasty. I also tried savoury hotteok for the first time. We then walked to Myeongdong from Namdaemoon and window shopped while having even more street food. Thus sums up my Saturday! Looking back at days like these, it makes me feel that there's so much yet to be discovered in Seoul and Korea in general. Will definitely have to make good use of my time here to experience as much of the city and country as I can. I'm pretty much in love with what I've seen and tried so far. 

Till the next time I'm back with more adventures, Bin xx