Tuesday, May 20, 2014

busy times


People might think that exchange students have it easy.... right??? What if I tell you that isn't true? Currently abit swamped with assignments, assignments and assignments. Since whatever grades we get here is only accounted for on a pass/fail basis at our home university, the amount of effort invested in work here is really our own initiative. We have all been trying nothing but our best though- and that is where I confuse myself a little. 

Why put in so much effort then? (1) KU is a prestigious university here and we wish to find out how we stand amongst the local students. Especially since Koreans are known to be extremely hard working. (2) Why do something half-heartedly when you are aware you can do much better? This constantly runs through my mind when doing 5% reading log assignments, 5% quizzes, as well as my weekly clothing construction homework. It's not about the grades here, it's what I want to learn, achieve and experience as a person staying and studying here in KU.

And as for the photo above, it's a reminder to myself that this upcoming week and a half is a challenge and I will get by it!! Once it's over and done with it will be like an exit from being totally brain fried, heh. Plus I miss the girls and the fun we had during #nigusweekendout. But for now,  onward with the assignments, gooooooooo~~